‘The future is already here, just unevenly distributed’
– William Gibson
Up and down the country, people, communities, and organisations are doing amazing things that show the seeds of the future that we want to grow.
Here you’ll find examples of the practices and initiatives that exemplify the social care future we aim to bring about. What do these have in common?
- They are about people living a good life, not ‘beds’, ‘cases’ or ‘visits’.
- They start not by asking what’s wrong, but what matters to people.
- They exist to support people to live the life they have reason to value, walking alongside them on that journey, or placing power directly into people’s hands to do so.
- They look beyond traditional services, by drawing on and stitching together different resources, creativity, relationships and opportunities.
- They are about harnessing the contributions that everyone has to make to their communities, recognising everyone’s gifts and talents at every age and stage of life.
- They recognise that our greatest resource is each other.
We will grow these examples over time.
We’re here to change the story of social care
We want to fire people’s imagination about a brighter future for social care. These stories show how we can get there and building public support for change.